Thursday, March 4, 2010

Shear Genuis supports the troops

This episode of Shear Genius was special to me for one reason. They did their elimination challenge on military wives who currently have their loved ones serving across seas. They personally hit me, because I had my loved one overseas about a year ago. But on this episode the first challenge was to cut a graduated bob dry but these models had curly frizzy hair, so it was a bit more difficult. This was really hard for most of the stylists because it is something that they don’t usually do. April, who clearly had one of the worst bobs, just snapped on the guest judge (who is obviously a professional hairstylists). I understand she didn’t like the challenge, but let’s be professional. The winner of this challenge was Janine, which gave her the advantage of picking her model for the elimination challenge. During this challenge, like I said before they were just regular ladies, but who have someone across seas. A lot of the stylists liked doing this challenge because it was special to them. These ladies were getting their hairstyle in a 40’s hairstyle. Once they have their new hair, they are recording their video message and sending a photo to their husbands overseas. I think this is one of the best challenges, I got a little teary eyed just watching it. While they were getting their hair done, we heard some of the ladies stories. After their hair was finished we got to see all the ladies record their videos to their husbands. It was emotional. The loser of the challenge unfortunately was Amy, I really liked her and I thought she was going to make it to the end…

No comments:

Post a Comment